Skip to main content

'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file - Windows

I know, I am writing about the thing that is a lot over the internet but today in my Good Morning to my Desk, I tried to ping of host in my network and I just got this message and I faced this issue on Windows XP, Windows 7 and now on Windows 8 and on Servers Windows 2003 and Windows Server 2008/R2 as well and the solution also work for me on these Operating Systems. Well the message was;

C:\Users\rizwan.ahmad>ping 192.168.10.10
'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.




Solution 1 (Easy):
  1.   Start > RUN Type control sysdm.cpl,,3 or
  2. Open Control Panel » System » Advanced » Environment Variables
  3. Right Click on My computer
  4. Go to Properties
  5. Go to Advanced system settings (on Windows 7 / 8)
  6. Environment Variables
  7. Select 'PATH' from the list of system variables and edit
  8. set PATH to c:\windows\system32 ;
Solution 2 (Advance)
  1. Open CMD and enter SET command and check the output, there you can check if c:\windows\system32 is included in the PATH entry.
  2. set PATH=%PATH%; c:\windows\system32;
  3. Hope this will solve your problem, I mostly fix the issue on GUI but I tried one or two time command line as well. If it help you, please comes up with comments.




Comments

  1. yes, the first solution worked for me, don't include ";" at the end of the path and make sure it is saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's work ! Thanks a lot ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Event 7026 : Service Control Manager Logfile : System - cdrom

You may be face  Event 7026 on your Windows systems and as this Event shows that " The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom ", you may be wonder that why it is happening while system don't have any CDROM connected with it. In my scenario, I start explore and comes to know that in registry, cdrom service is set to 1 that indicate that it is a system / boot type device. Cause: Normally this error / Event ID indicates that there were priviously a CDROM was installed and now Physical Drive is no more connected but its services is up and running. Solution: You simple need to disable or set to manual cdrom in registry as under; Click on Start > RUN > Type regedit  and Press Enter   Navigate to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cdrom Find Subkey Name Start Type REG_DWORD Set its Data Type to 3 ( Manual ) or 4  (  Disable  ) Important Link: http://support.microsoft.c...

Setting up per connection Limit Bandwidth on MikroTik Router

Generally, I do not prefer to add any unwanted restriction on the network user until its required due to some Administration reason. I know, there are more ways to tackle this setting up per connection Limit Bandwidth on MikroTik Router question comes into one’s mind but I resolve my concern while using MikroTik PCQs feature in MikroTik Queue Type and then calling this Queue Type to Simple Queue. There are more options for setting up per connection Limit Bandwidth on MikroTik Router but please share your concern to add anything else in this article. Let’s start to add our configurations; I am using WinBox for this Article but you can use anything you are convenient to use. Let’s start Step by Step procedure for Setting up per connection Limit Bandwidth on MikroTik Router, any version.  Setup Queue Types After Successful Login, click on Queues menu. Navigate to Queue Types and Press Add + (Plus Sign) to add a new Queue Type. Type a Name like in my scenario,...

Linux Admin - Nginx Server Interview Question and Answers

What is Nginx Server? Nginx (pronounced "engine x") is an open source web server and a reverse proxy server for HTTP, SMTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols, with a strong focus on high concurrency, performance and low memory usage. What is the Best Usage of Ngins Server? Nginx can deploy dynamic HTTP content on a network using FastCGI, SCGI handlers for scripts, WSGI application servers or Phusion Passenger module, and it can serve as a software load balancer. What’s the Difference between Apache Web Server and Nginx? Nginx uses an asynchronous event-driven approach to handling requests, instead of the Apache HTTP Server model that defaults to a threaded or process-oriented approach. Nginx's event-driven approach can provide more predictable performance under high loads. Describe Some Best Features of Nginx? Simultaneous Connections with low memory, Auto Indexing, Load Balancing, Reverse Proxy with Caching, Fault Tolerance What is the Configuration File for Nginx and...