'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file - Windows

I know, I am writing about the thing that is a lot over the internet but today in my Good Morning to my Desk, I tried to ping of host in my network and I just got this message and I faced this issue on Windows XP, Windows 7 and now on Windows 8 and on Servers Windows 2003 and Windows Server 2008/R2 as well and the solution also work for me on these Operating Systems. Well the message was;

C:\Users\rizwan.ahmad>ping 192.168.10.10
'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.




Solution 1 (Easy):
  1.   Start > RUN Type control sysdm.cpl,,3 or
  2. Open Control Panel » System » Advanced » Environment Variables
  3. Right Click on My computer
  4. Go to Properties
  5. Go to Advanced system settings (on Windows 7 / 8)
  6. Environment Variables
  7. Select 'PATH' from the list of system variables and edit
  8. set PATH to c:\windows\system32 ;
Solution 2 (Advance)
  1. Open CMD and enter SET command and check the output, there you can check if c:\windows\system32 is included in the PATH entry.
  2. set PATH=%PATH%; c:\windows\system32;
  3. Hope this will solve your problem, I mostly fix the issue on GUI but I tried one or two time command line as well. If it help you, please comes up with comments.




Comments

  1. yes, the first solution worked for me, don't include ";" at the end of the path and make sure it is saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's work ! Thanks a lot ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment